4-5 chicken breasts
5 cups salsa (this measurement is approximate) you want enough to cover your chicken
1 bag Bear Creek Tortilla Soup mix
3 (14 ounce) cans corn (drained)
2 (19ounce) cans black beans (drained)
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
- Place chicken breasts in a slow cooker and cover them with the salsa. Cook on low 6-8 hours. Remove from slow cooker let cool and shred (Save the salsa it was cooked in). I like to do this the day before and I place the shredded chicken back in the salsa to marinate overnight.
- Follow the cooking directions on the bag of Bear Creek Soup mix in a large pot.
- When it is done; add the corn, black beans and salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken and the salsa it has been marinating in, to the pot.
- Let simmer for a few minutes so that all ingredients are warm.
Servings 15 bowls
Weight Watchers points 4 per bowl.
Optional: garnish with cheddar cheese, toasted tortilla strips and sour cream. (these are not included in the weight watchers points. You will need to add points for each of the garnishes you decide to use).
TOASTED TORTILLA STRIPS
Place a flour tortilla in a frying pan on medium heat and let it cook on each side just until it starts to brown. Remove from the pan and use a pizza cutting wheel to cut it into thin strips.