1 (16 ounce) Jimmy Dean Maple flavor sausage
1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
20 large button mushrooms, stems removed (save the stems and chop to add to sausage)
- Preheat the broiler.
- Place sausage in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium heat until evenly browned and crumbled.
- Add chopped stems and sauté with sausage for about 3-4 minutes.
- Drain and transfer to a mixing bowl.
- Blend cream cheese with the sausage and stem mixture.
- Stuff mushroom caps with the cream cheese and sausage mixture.
- Arrange stuffed mushroom caps on a baking sheet. Broil in the preheated oven 2 to 3 minutes, until lightly browned.
Optional: May also be baked at 375° until mushrooms are tender and begin to sweat approximately 10 minutes.
Tip: Aluminum foil can be used to line the pan. It helps cook mushrooms evenly, and makes clean-up easy.