- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups fresh chopped unsweetened strawberries
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate
- 3 tablespoons butter
- In a large saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Stir in the strawberries; bring to a boil over medium heat. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool for 15 minutes. Spread into shell; refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until fluffy. Fold in whipped cream. Carefully spread over strawberry layer. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- In a microwave, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth.
- Cool for 4-5 minutes. Pour over filling. Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 6-8 servings.
You can us a homemade or purchased pie crust or the following recipe.
This recipe is good to substitute instead of a pie crust. you can do it in a pie pan if you don’t try to put it up over the edge and flute it like a pie crust, it is too delicate for that and it will break.
1 cup butter (no substitutions)
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 cups flour
Sugar to sprinkle
Mix the butter, heavy cream, and flour. Chill for 2 hours.
Roll the dough out into a circle, then fold it in half and gently lift it into the pie pan. Open it up to be a full circle again and fit it to the pan. Trim it off just at the top of the pan and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 5 minutes at 350° with pie weights or a smaller light weight pie tin over the dough to prevent it from bubbling. After 5 minutes remove the weights or pie tin which ever you used and continue baking until the crust is starting to brown slightly. This should take about 15 minutes.